I love love LOVE Thanksgiving. Everything about it. The decor, the family time, the FOOD, everything. And if your holidays go anything like mine you wake up, get dressed, give thanks, then pour yourself a drink. It starts with the standard mimosa then usually shifts to a lovely red. However, this year I thought I’d put a little spin on my turkey day libations. I want something a little more decadent that plays into the changing of the seasons. When I came across this drink I thought YES! This. Is. it.
When you see apple cider and mimosa in the same sentence it may sound a little cray. But, these two are a match made in Heaven. There’s just enough crispness to the champagne to go with the spices in the cider that make these two a perfect pair. And, a benefit to making these, it smells amazing while you are brewing them up. It’s like a little holiday potpourri that lingers even when it’s done.
Follow the recipe below to make your own batch of delicious apple cider mimosas.
champagne or prosecco
½ gallon apple juice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
15 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
1 small orange
1. Pour the apple juice into a large pot and set to medium heat.
2. Once the apple juice is warm, slice the orange and combine all ingredients into the pot with the apple juice.
3. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Strain all of the ingredients out of the apple cider and discard. Let the apple cider cool in refrigerator completely.
5. Fill a champagne flute halfway with champagne. Fill the rest of the glass with fresh apple cider. Enjoy!
NOW- for a little secret I figured out on my own. Switch the champagne for bourbon if you need something a little stronger to get yourself through the holidays.
Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Thanks for visiting Momosas!